Today more than ever, information and referral and assistance programs fulfill a vital need in our communities and Wisconsin. Human needs are more complex and having access to community resources require the guidance of information and referral professionals.
To help meet the demands of the job, information and referral specialists turn to professional organizations for training and support. WisconsinAIRS is just that organization!
WisconsinAIRS, formerly IRPW, is a statewide, non-profit professional association of Information & Referral (I&R) and Information and Assistance (I&A) organizations and individuals. The association is dedicated to developing and maintaining a high quality, coordinated information and referral network for Wisconsin and is an affiliate of AIRS, the national organization.
Our mission is to promote the information and referral profession and support professionals engaged in Information & Referral and Information and Assistance.
The objectives of the organization are to:
- Promote excellence and professionalism in the fields of I&R and I&A
- Provide a vehicle for peer support, regular communication, and training
- Support cooperation between information and referral providers
- Promote public awareness and understanding of the role and function of I&R services as a vital link between service seekers and service providers
What will WisconsinAIRS do for you?
- Reduced rates at trainings and conferences
- Opportunities for AIRS certification exams
- WisconsinAIRS newsletter
- Networking opportunities — both locally and statewide
- Consultation and technical assistance from other WisconsinAIRS members
- Opportunities to become involved with board and committee activities
- Keep you up-to-date on current trends and information that impacts on-going initiatives
- Email listserv offers instant access to experts and peers
- Provide direct input in the development of 2-1-1 in the state of Wisconsin
- Promote adherence to Alliance of Information and Referral Systems, Inc. (AIRS) standards for delivery of I&R services.
Who are our members?
- Independent information & referral agencies and programs
- Public libraries
- United Ways
- Hospital sponsored information & referral programs
- County/Tribal aging departments
- 2-1-1 centers
- Crisis centers
- Area agencies on aging
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs)